Friday, 08 October 2021 | 7.30pm
ChamberMusicBox are delighted to launch their new residency at St John’s Church, Farncombe with a concert featuring two masterworks of the string chamber music repertoire.
ChamberMusicBox was founded in 2016 when a group of leading international musicians came together from across Europe to perform a series of chamber music concerts in London.
Its Artistic Directors, violinist Yuri Kalnits and cellist Julia Morneweg, had a vision to explore and perform a vast spectrum of exciting repertoire with their like-minded and exceptionally talented friends, to promote mutual respect and empathy in the community through music-making of rare passion and generosity, and for audiences to be part of that shared experience.
With countless appearances on the big international stages, dozens of prizes at some of the world’s most prestigious competitions, and a host of acclaimed recordings between them, this ever-growing community of outstanding European musicians thrives on creating projects and concert programmes as diverse as they are unique.
To celebrate the start of their new residency at St John’s Church, Farncombe, this extraordinary group of artists have chosen a sumptuous and life-affirming programme to showcase the venue’s stunning acoustics every bit as much as their own virtuosity: Richard Strauss’ glorious Sextet from his opera Capriccio and Tchaikovsky’s “Souvenir de Florence”, an unparalled treasure-trove of melodic riches and technical fireworks alike. A concert not to be missed!
Strauss – String Sextet from Capriccio
Tchaikovsky – “Souvenir de Florence” for string sextet
Yuri Kalnits (violin) | Maria-Fiore Mazzarini (violin) | Kay Stephen (viola) | Gregory Aronovich (viola) | Tim Lowe (cello) | Julia Morneweg (cello)
This concert is generously supported by the Cavatina Chamber Music Trust
Stay safe & feel safe
Our Covid-safety plan
– despite the end of legal restrictions, our concerts remain socially-distanced
– all tickets must be booked in advance and are strictly limited in numbers
– all seats will be cleaned thouroughly before the performance
– seating will be laid out in bubbles according to bookings received
– the concert will last for about one hour without an interval
– hand sanitiser will be made available and we kindly ask you to wear a mask if you can
– all bookings are fully refurndable in case of any new restrictions preventing the concert from taking place
Tickets can also be purchased from Simran’s Post Office, Farncombe GU7 3LH from Monday, 30 August.